Latest update Nov. 13, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
The Province of Alberta has put in place new temporary, targeted public health measures intended to protect the provincial health care system, keep schools and businesses open, and protect vulnerable Albertans by limiting the spread of the virus. Targeted measures apply to all communities on the 'enhanced' list of the province's COVID-19 status map, with additional measures in place for specific regions. As we currently have 64 active cases according to provincial statistics, all measures apply to the City of Leduc.
The following measures are now in effect for the City of Leduc:
- Community-specific mandatory measures
- Ban on indoor group fitness classes and team sport activities (Nov. 13-27, 2020).
- Ban on group performance activities: singing, dancing and theatre (Nov. 13-27, 2020).
- Mandatory measures
- Restaurants, bars, lounges and pubs must stop liquor sales by 10 p.m. and close by 11 p.m. - applies to Class A, B or C licences (Nov. 13-27, 2020).
- 15-person limit on social and family gatherings - indoors and outdoors - where people are mixing and mingling.
- 50-person limit on indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and funeral services.
Voluntary measures for the City of Leduc are also strongly encouraged by the provincial government, and a full list of these recommendations is available on the province’s website.
COVID-19 cases for Leduc can be found HERE:
- Click on ‘Geospatial’
- Scroll down to the ‘Active cases’ map at the bottom of the page
- Zoom in on the City of Leduc municipality
- Hover your cursor (mouse) over the municipal boundary to get the latest statistics
Enacted Oct. 8, 2020, the bylaw will be revisited by Leduc City Council in December to determine if/when the bylaw is rescinded based on timing and the number of active cases in the city.
Leduc is currently under the ‘enhanced’ status according to provincial statistics, and as such is subject to the community-specific and mandatory public health measures announced by the Province of Alberta. Complete information about the measures that are currently in place for our region can be found on the province's website.
Facility and operational updates
Leduc Recreation Centre
In compliance with the Province of Alberta's targeted public health measures (announced Nov. 12, 2020), group fitness activities including drop-in and registered classes, AquaFit and team bookings at the Leduc Recreation Centre will be canceled between November 13 and 27, 2020.
Wearing is caring for our transit services, whether local or heading into Edmonton. Face coverings are mandatory, with other safety protocols in place to ensure safe operation for our ridership. Visit Leductransit.ca for more information on routes, schedules and fares.
Email | Call: 780-980-8444 | WEB
Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
We are currently working on our reopening plan to welcome community groups and guests back to the theatre while aligning with the health and safety protocols as outlined by the province.
Email | Call: 780-980-7170 | WEB