Leduc RCMP warn motorists of poor road conditions
Leduc RCMP are responding to a vehicle in the ditch on Highway 2 south and are advising motorist that roads in and around Leduc are icy due to recent snowfall, blowing snow and reduced visibility.
Motorists are being asked to slow down and adjust their driving.
Leduc RCMP suggest the following tips to drivers:
- Ensure all windows, side mirrors and lights are properly and completely cleared of snow;
- Help others see you, make sure your lights are turned on;
- Reduce your speed and give yourself more time to slow and stop;
- Listen to the radio for updated road and weather reports;
- Plan extra time to get to your destination;
- Be prepared for changing road and weather conditions. Pack blankets or a winter survival kit, especially if you are planning a trip outside of town.
No further updates are expected at this time.
Constable Cheri-Lee Smith