Relaunch begins for City of Leduc
The City of Leduc is ready for Step 1 of the Government of Alberta’s relaunch strategy. All relaunch decisions are carefully evaluated in accordance with public health orders such as maintaining physical distancing and proper hygiene practices.
In correspondence with the province, the following businesses may resume operations:
- Retail businesses like clothing, furniture and book stores
- All farmers' market vendors
- Hairstyling and barber shops
- Cafés, restaurants, pubs and bars can reopen for table service at 50% capacity
- Some scheduled, non-urgent surgeries to resume gradually
- Museums and art galleries
- Daycares and out-of-school care, with occupancy limits
- Day camps, including summer school, with occupancy limits
- Post-secondary institutions will continue course delivery, with flexibility for in-person delivery once the existing public health order prohibiting in-person classes is lifted
- Places of worship and funeral services, if they follow sector-specific guidance.
Continued public health order restrictions concerning physical distancing, limited gathering capacity and mandatory isolation for people with symptoms will still apply.
Permitted outdoor activities in Leduc include:
- Athletic fields/ball diamonds (casual use only)
- Community gardens
- Dog parks
- Garden centres and nurseries
- Golf courses
- Multiway trail system
- Parks/greenspaces (casual use only)
- Telford Lake (casual use only)
- Tennis courts
- Basketball courts
While tennis and basketball courts are now open, our playgrounds and skate park will remain closed due to provincial sanitation requirements. In order for these areas to reopen, consistent and rigorous cleaning must be performed in order to meet provincial standards. These include frequent cleaning, creating a log of daily cleaning (including inventory of gloves, masks and supplies), making hand washing stations and/or hand sanitizers containing at least 60% alcohol is available, and more.
The City of Leduc remains steadfast in working diligently to determine the best course of action to safely move forward. We remind our residents that despite gradual reopening of our economy, to continue practicing good personal hygiene and physical distancing.
For more information, regarding relaunch guidelines, please visit: https://www.alberta.ca/biz-connect.aspx.
— 30 —
Leduc is a growing, dynamic city in the heart of Canada’s economic engine and conveniently located at the crossroads of air, highway and rail transportation. Leduc is a centre of innovation, entrepreneurship and quality of life. As a regional leader, the city, together with neighbouring municipalities, play a key role in protecting the integrity of Edmonton International Airport (EIA) and leading economic development in the region, including EIA Airport City. For information on non-emergency city services and programs, visit www.leduc.ca or follow us on Facebook.com/cityofleduc, Twitter (@cityofleduc) and Instagram (@thecityofleduc)