Mock Council - Student Program
The City of Leduc Mock Council program is a wonderful way to introduce students to the role and function of Municipal Government. The program provides students with an opportunity to role play Mayor, Council and city’s administrative staff for a couple of hours, providing them with basic knowledge of how city government works.
Since 2018 we have had approximately 1,000 students participate in Mock Council, virtually and in person.
Please take a moment to review the following information:
- Request a Mock Council Session for your class
- Preparing for Mock Council
- Mock Council preparation package
- Sample Mock Council script (these scripts may change from year to year but will generally follow this format)
- How Municipal Government works and how you can be involved