Recognition Dates and Observances
There are a variety of dates throughout the year that hold significance for the City of Leduc or for various members of our community. These dates may be memorial in nature, recognize historic moments, align with religious celebration, be recognized as statutory holidays by government, be designed to raise awareness about social issues, disease/illness or recognize professions.
Recognizing and promoting these special days, weeks and/or months not only demonstrates the City of Leduc values, but also creates community connection, a sense of belonging, and draws attention to important programs and services offered by the City.
How Recognition Dates are Selected
- They underscore the values identified in the Strategic Plan and the City has taken meaningful action based on those values.
- They mark important events, memorials or milestones that directly connect to the City of Leduc.
- They align with strategic priorities, operational priorities and/or ongoing programs and services provided by the City.
- They uphold the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms as well as the Alberta Human Rights Code.
- They are not associated with private sector corporate marketing or social responsibility initiatives.
2024 Recognition Dates
The following dates will be recognized by the City of Leduc in 2024