Mayor & Council
City council and staff are committed to responsible, visionary leadership. Our residents will be actively engaged in building the type of community where they want to live and grow and in setting the vision and strategic directions for Leduc.
Open communication among council, staff and citizens will ensure early, effective and timely resolution of issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Mayor Bob Young
- Councillor Beverly Beckett
- Councillor Glen Finstad
- Councillor Terry Lazowski
- Councillor Bill Hamilton
- Councillor Lars Hansen
- Councillor Laura Tillack
Mayor's Youth Leadership Awards
The Mayor's Youth Leadership Awards were created in 2012 to recognize and honour the positive contributions teens have in our community. Nominations are gathered from teachers, coaches, the faith community and adult mentors highlighting the commitment and dedication demonstrated by youth in the community. All invited guests are recognized based on one or more of these three key areas:
- Character – nominees are ethical, treat others with respect, are sincere, trustworthy (trusting of self/by others), and place others before self.
- Service – nominees meet others’ needs, demonstrate positive peer mentorship, are empathetic, and demonstrate a desire to see others succeed.
- Leadership – nominees are good communicators, exercise good team-building skills, lead by example, and recognize opportunities to empower other youth.