Installing and testing backflow devices
Installing and testing devices
Those properties requiring installation of a backflow prevention device will receive notification from the city and BSI Online. Upon receiving notification:
- Contact a certified installer and tester. This individual will request the appropriate permits on your behalf.
- Have the certified professional install and inspect the device. They will submit test reports and final permits to the city.
- Have a certified professional tester inspect the device on an annual basis. They will submit test reports to the city.
Backflow prevention devices must be tested:
- Upon installation
- When cleaned, repaired or overhauled
- When relocated
- As required by the regulatory authorities