Together with Associated Environmental Consultants Inc., the City is working to restore:
- 0.4 hectares of wetland just north of Telford Lake
- 0.37 hectares of wetland just south of Telford Lake in Lede Park
Due to their proximity to the multiway trail and visibility from Telford Lake, the wetlands will provide a unique opportunity to engage, inspire, and educate visitors on the ecological benefits of wetlands. Wetlands are expected to improve water quality, provide increased aquatic and terrestrial habitat, enhance biodiversity, reduce the presence of noxious weeds, and reduce impacts related to extreme weather events (flooding and drought).
Funding support: Alberta Environment and Parks Wetland Replacement Program
Questions about this project: Jenna Chernuka, Project Manager | firstname.lastname@example.org | 780-980-7107
- The site is bordered by the K9 Off-Leash Dog Park to the south and multiway trail system to the north and east.
- The three wetland basins constructed will provide marsh, swamp, and shallow open water habitat for pollinators, amphibians, and small birds.
- Project planning, design, and construction were completed in 2021, and vegetation planting is scheduled for the spring/summer of 2022.