Light-up Leduc is a festive holiday event encouraging residents and homeowners to light up their home with their best holiday décor. This year we’re also asking everyone to tour the city to see Leduc sparkle and shine in colourful, creative displays. It is about spreading positive holiday cheer through a fun festive activity for all to take part in whether individually, as a couple or family.
New this year!
We will be dividing the community into four sections. A panel of judges will tour and evaluate the registered displays and name one winner and one runner-up for each section. The winner from each section will move on as finalists and will be judged by the community. In early 2022, we will announce the grand prize winner.
Important dates and details
- Registration will be open from Nov. 12 to 29, 2021
- A panel of judges will tour and evaluate the registered displays between Dec. 3 and 6.
- One winner and one runner-up from each section will be announced on Dec. 10 and featured on the City’s website and social media channels. Each winner will move on as a finalist in the grand prize competition.
- Viewing is open to everyone. We will have an interactive map outlining all registrants and finalists for you to cast your vote by New Year’s Eve.
- A grand prize winner will be announced in early 2022.
- Decorations must be visible from the roadway.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only and can include window decorations.
- All decorations must be operating and in working order between Dec. 3 and 6 for the judges to view.
- The address must be a residential property in the City of Leduc boundaries.
- Decorations cannot be installed by a professional.
- All winners (finalists and runners up) acknowledge they will be recognized on the City’s website and social media channels.
Email community firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our sponsor, Canadian Tire Leduc, for their ongoing support in our community!