William F. Lede Regional Park Development
William F. Lede Regional Park is a well-known sports field complex in the City of Leduc and within the Greater Edmonton Region. It possesses a wide range of outdoor recreational amenities and hosts a number of special events which attract large numbers of visitors each year. The park has provided and maintained public sporting events for many years, but the existing outdoor facilities are hard pressed to meet increasing user demands and existing fields have been degraded from over-use for some time.
The Lede Park Master Plan provides for regional outdoor athletic fields and facilities close to the LRC. Enhanced with advanced irrigation and additional field construction, these athletic fields and facilities will continue to provide outstanding service to all community groups, with more opportunities for sporting groups to practice and host large events.
- A strong, growing and active community with access to a premiere, regional athletic park
- A park that engages citizens to participate in healthy, active lifestyles
- Fitness – fun – friendship created through open space
- Access to a broad range of both passive and active outdoor activities
- Provincially renowned park space and sports fields for hosting of major sporting events
- A facility that enhances the city's ability to attract national and, or provincial level sports-tourism events
- Capitalize on integration of Lede Regional Park with the Leduc Recreation Centre and Telford Lake recreational facilities