The City's Report Card
The City of Leduc reports back to residents in a variety of ways on programs and services provided to the community, as well as resident feedback on that work. This information is compiled and shared through the annual report, State of the City Address and the periodic citizen satisfaction surveys.
Citizen Satisfaction Survey
The 2021 Citizen Satisfaction Survey was conducted from March 2 ̶ 30. In total, 401 residents completed the survey. Despite the COVID-19 pandemic and all of the challenges it presented, the vast majority of residents reported they are pleased with the quality of life in Leduc, which is a testament to how resilient our community is as well as the dedication and hard work of city staff.
- 95 per cent of residents are happy with the quality of life in Leduc
- 78 per cent or residents are satisfied overall with city services and programs (a two per cent increase from 2019)
- The most significant factors contributing to a high quality of life in the community are its size, parks and trail network, services and community spirit.
- Leduc citizens consider maintaining infrastructure, managing population growth/development and road maintenance/services/development to be the top civic priorities in 2021.
- 30 per cent of citizens would look advice about community resources, help coping with challenges and/or access to financial supports.
- Most residents who have interacted with city staff have found them to be polite, knowledgeable and quick to take action.
State of the City Address
The State of the City Address is a summary of civic programs and services, and is delivered annually by Leduc City Council. Additionally, the address shares what we have in store for the future. The 2021 State of the City was shared during a virtual event, hosted by the Leduc Regional Chamber of Commerce on May 20, 2021.
For your convenience, the full-length video has been shorted into smaller clips that are focused on six key areas: business and economic recovery; community and culture; youth engagement; environment and sustainability; growth and future planning; regional collaboration; and looking ahead.
Prepared after the close of each year, the annual report delivers concise, data-driven information and is the primary conduit for citizens and stakeholders to monitor progress. The 2020 Annual Report contains achievements for each focus area in the City of Leduc’s strategic plan along with select, relevant statistics and a financial overview of revenues and expenses.