The QEII and 65th Avenue Interchange project is a joint effort between the City of Leduc, Alberta Transportation, and the Edmonton Regional Airports Authority.
It will support tremendous growth and development in the City of Leduc, Edmonton Metro Region, as well as provincially and nationally. Learn more about how the project will support economic development.
What will be built
- a new overpass over the QEII
- new on-off ramps from the QEII
- improvements to some existing ramps
- intersection improvements at 65 Avenue and 50 Street in Leduc
- completion of Perimeter Road and 65 Avenue, west of the QEII
- improvements to Grant MacEwan Boulevard
- a pedestrian crossing over the QEII iva a multi-use trail
- a sound barrier wall south of 65 Avenue on the east side of QEII (impacted residents will be contacted directly; more details to come)
- Learn more about the project planning and design
>> View the map of design (PDF)
Construction is expected to take approximately 2-3 years, open by fall 2024. The work is anticipated to include some temporary closures of the existing flyover, but all efforts will be made to mitigate traffic impacts to the QEII.
More detailed timelines will be shared as construction begins later this year.
Estimated construction cost: $91 million
- Government of Alberta - $78.5 million
- City of Leduc - 12.5 million
- See provincial funding announcement
Contact us at 780-980-7107 or firstname.lastname@example.org