Citizen Recognition Program
The City of Leduc's Citizen Recognition Program recognizes individuals, groups, organizations and businesses who make significant contributions to Leduc. The Citizen Recognition program consists of two components:
- Leduc Achievement Awards: Presented throughout the year at council meetings as nominations are received. Nominations are accepted on an ongoing basis.
- Leduc Achievement Nomination Form
- Citizens of Distinction Awards: Designed to recognize, on an annual basis, 6 outstanding citizens, groups or businesses from the City of Leduc that have made a tremendous contribution to our community. Awards are handed out at the annual Volunteer Appreciation Banquet in the Spring and recognize the following categories:
- Athletic Achievement Award
- Community Spirit Award
- Arts, Culture and Heritage Recognition Award
- Environmental Achievement Award
- Youth Award of Merit
- Mayor's Special Award (not chosen by nomination)
The 2019 Citizens of Distinction Award Ceremony will take place virtually on April 23, 2021, at 6 p.m. More details will be provided as soon as they are available.
In lieu of the 2020 Citizens of Distinction nominations, we encourage residents to submit Kindness Counts video nominations to recognize and thank the outstanding community members whose acts of kindness – big or small – made a difference over the last year. Learn more about the Kindness Counts video initiative at www.leduc.ca/kindnesscounts.
Looking to nominate someone for the Leduc Sports Hall of Fame? Visit the Sport Hall of Fame page.