City explores new off-leash friendly areas for dog owners
Dog owners in Leduc will have access to a new off-leash space in summer 2021, with a two-month pilot of an off-leash friendly area in Deer Valley’s unfenced green space north of Ameena Drive.
Set to run from July 1 – Aug. 31, 2021, this two-month pilot is part of the City of Leduc’s investment in community growth and is one of the options being explored to bring more amenities to the city’s west side.
An essential piece of this program will include input from area residents and park users, which is encouraged throughout the two-month pilot this summer:
- Online survey: (available July 1 – Aug. 31)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 780-980-7177
All feedback will be provided to decision-makers for consideration in evaluating the pilot and determining next steps, as well as considering other off-leash areas in the future.
All rules in place at Leduc’s fenced dog parks apply in the pilot area and signage will be posted prior to July 1:
- Owners are required to keep their dogs under control at all times
- Dogs are required to be leashed in all areas not designated as off-leash friendly, such as Multiway Trails, sidewalks or city streets
- Garbage bins available to dispose of any animal waste
The area pertaining to the pilot program is also subject to the City of Leduc Parkland Bylaw, open 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
This pilot program will conclude Aug. 31, 2021.
For more information, please visit www.leduc.ca/off-leash-pilot or call 780-980-7177.