Leduc Aquatic Services making adjustments due to staffing levels
Hours of operation and program offerings will be temporarily altered for City-run aquatic facilities from Aug. 1-28, 2021, in response to a critical shortage of staff.
City of Leduc Aquatic Services is experiencing similar decreases in regular staffing levels to those being felt in other municipalities throughout the region as facilities re-open following prolonged pandemic closures. Temporary reductions in service levels are being implemented in response, to mitigate employee shortages while ensuring residents and visitors are able to continue to safely access aquatic facilities in the city.
Changes to hours and programming in effect between August 1 and 28, 2021 will include:
For the Leduc Recreation Centre Aquatic Centre:
- Weekday hours will be 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Morning lane swim will be reduced by 30 minutes, evening public swim and lane swim will both be reduced by 30 minutes)
- Saturday hours will be 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Morning lane swim is cancelled but will be available at the Alexandra Outdoor Pool, evening public swim will be reduced by one hour)
- Sunday hours will be 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. (Morning lane swim is cancelled but will be available at the Alexandra Outdoor Pool, evening public swim will be reduced by two hours)
For the Alexandra Outdoor Pool:
- Weekday hours will be noon to 7 p.m. (Morning public swim is removed and evening public swim will be reduced by one hour)
- Weekend hours will be 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Morning lane swim will begin one hour later; afternoon public swim will be reduced by one hour)
- Aquatic course offerings were reduced by 30 per cent before registration went live. Those who are currently registered in aquatic courses through the month of August will not be impacted.
Reductions in operating and programming hours were targeted to those times of day that typically see the lowest attendance in the affected facilities.
City of Leduc Recreation Services is actively recruiting more lifeguards and swim instructors to increase staffing to normal levels. Fall services are being reviewed along with anticipated timeframes for recruitment and training activities to ensure enough staff are in place to return to regular service levels.
For more information or questions about temporary changes to Aquatic Services, please visit Leduc.ca/LRC or call 780-980-7120.
— 30 —